Or at least figure out this darned Twitter and Google+ thing.
Would you like to strengthen your social media skills? Do you want to get better at integrating social media into your day-to-day work so you can meet some of your business goals? Check out this social media workshop at the Centre for Social Innovation in Toronto on February 16, 2013.
Here’s what we’ll cover between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.:
- The importance of having a communications/marketing strategy before getting too deeply into social media
- Blogging for business: Why and how to blog; advantages of the Wordpress platform
- Becoming a Twitter power user: Shortcuts; using a dashboard like Hootsuite or TweetDeck; setting up lists; joining chats; persistent searches; following influencers; gaining valuable followers
- Making the most of LinkedIn: Optimizing your profile; joining groups, participating in discussions
- Using Facebook for business: Setting up a business page; winning likes; engaging with your community; pitfalls of Facebook
- Advantages of GooglePlus: Search, Circles, Hangouts, Communities and more
- Pinning with Pinterest: How brands are using Pinterest; setting up boards; building a following
- How to integrate social media into your daily activities
- How to keep learning
Why spend this time building your social media skills? If you’re an entrepreneur, writer or designer, or work for a small business, you can enhance your marketing, lead generation and customer service efforts through social media. Those who work for larger organizations and who need to get up to speed with social media will also benefit from this workshop.
Prerequisite: You must have accounts on some (not all) of the major social media platforms and familiarity with the operation of your own computer.
Please bring your own laptop computer, and be sure to have all the login information for your existing social media accounts with you.Here's what some participants said when I conducted this workshop in December:
"Donna is extraordinarily knowledgeable and very generous in her sharing of information, and very responsive to participants' questions and needs. As always, very professional and well done!"
– Eileen Chadnick, Big Cheese Coaching
"Donna is such an expert and explains social media in an engaging, informative manner. Fabulous!" – Kristy Elik, Along the Lakeshore magazine
Questions? Contact me directly at 905.844.7645 or register now. The early-bird discount expires February 1.