Would you like to become a social media power user? Before the end of 2012, do you want to get better at integrating social media into your day-to-day work so you can meet some of your business goals? Check out this advanced social media workshop I’m leading on October 2 at the Sheridan College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning in Oakville, presented by HalTech. Details and registration here.
Here’s what we’ll cover between 8:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.:
- The importance of having a communications/marketing strategy before getting too deeply into social media
- Very quick overview of the platforms
- Becoming a Twitter power user: Shortcuts; using a dashboard like Hootsuite or TweetDeck; setting up lists; joining chats; persistent searches; following thought leaders; gaining valuable followers
- Making the most of LinkedIn: Optimizing your profile; joining groups, participating in discussions
- Using Facebook for business: Setting up a business page; winning likes; engaging with your community; pitfalls of Facebook
- Advantages of GooglePlus: Search, Circles, Hangouts and more
- Pinning with Pinterest: How brands are using Pinterest; setting up boards; building a following
- How to integrate social media into your daily activities
- How to keep learning
Why spend half a day building your social media skills? If you’re an entrepreneur or work for a small- to mid-sized business, you can enhance your marketing, lead generation and customer service efforts through social media. Those who work for larger organizations and who need to get up to speed with social media will also benefit from this workshop.
Prerequisite: You must have accounts on some (not all) of the major social media platforms and a familiarity with the basic operation of each platform.
Please bring your own laptop computer, and be sure to have all the login information for your existing social media accounts with you.
Lunch will be provided.
Questions? Contact me directly at 905.844.7645. Or register now.